Givio takes seriously the responsibility to guard your data. It is a privilege to serve your giving needs, and we want to respect your privacy. With Givio, the giver comes first!
- For starters, we use the latest security and data encryption techniques. Data is encrypted in all states. We utilize the services of industry leading data centers, such as Amazon or Microsoft, and we monitor their standards, policies and performance.
- Third-party APIs and tools utilize recommended SDKs to ensure that everything is up to date. For crypto transactions, we use Coinbase, where the actual payment happens directly on the Coinbase website, protected by Coinbase.
- The Givio app is PCI compliant. Furthermore, our software does not store payment data utilized by givers. We rely on tokens vis-a-vis the payment process you choose to use when you give.
- And perhaps most importantly, it is up to you whether or not your personal data is shared with a charity when you give. Giver users can always remain anonymous when they give. In fact, many givers using our software are responding to a request to give from a friend or colleague, and they just "tap and give" in order to support a cause. Users don't even have to register with Givio if they don't want to.
- If givers choose to share their data with a recipient charity, we also inform the charity that the data shared is for their use vis-a-vis the giver only - it is not to be sold or monetized with other organizations.